Messiah's Ascension to Heaven
Many translations (we can hardly call them versions for they are merely revisions of the Revised Version) reflect disbelief in the resurrection and bodily ascension to heaven of Jesus Christ; or even that he came from heaven in the first place. Consider the next few verses.
- Luke 24 :6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee.
- Luke 24:12 Then arose Peter, and ran unto the sepulchre; and stooping down, he beheld the linen clothes laid by themselves, and departed, wondering in himself at that which was come to pass.
Comment: [Whole verse missing]
- Luke 24:51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.
- John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
- John 3:15. "That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life."
Comment: Do you know what the "B" (Vaticanus) and "Aleph" (Sinaiticus) manuscripts do to the three words, "should not perish"? They omit them. Try finding those three vital words in the NASV.
- 1 Cor.15:47: The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
- John 16:16: A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.
- Acts 2: 30: Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne.
Comment: Here we have an extremely corrupt rendering in many modern translations. God swore an oath to king David that from his loins would come the Christ the Anointed One - the Messiah! What have the modern translators done with this divine oath? They have changed it to 'God would seat (or place) one of his (David's) descendants on his throne.' Pause dear reader and consider this error. I ask, why did God bother with an oath, when the likelihood of one of David's descendants sitting on his throne was inevitable? There was absolutely no need for an oath to a man who had so many sons. But to promise that one of David's sons would be the resurrected Messiah and would sit on David's throne is an entirely different matter. The divine oath has now become tremendously meaningful. But alas! the modern translators have made God's oath into something quite unnecessary by changing the word Christ to a descendant.
- John 4: 42: And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.
- John 6: 47: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
Comment: Those two vital missing words 'on me' have been left out of most modern translations. The corrupted text now implies that all who believe - whatever or whoever they believe - will have everlasting life. A greater falsehood is hard to imagine. Pause and think about it!
- John 7:8 Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast; for my time is not yet full come.
Comment: By removing the word 'yet' the NASV has turned Jesus into a liar: for in it he said he was not going to the feast, but went. Other modern translations [bracket] the word 'yet' and add the note 'Some early manuscripts do not have 'yet.' ' This Note, by implication, means that, at best, the Saviour didn't know what he was doing, or, at worst, was telling a blatant lie.
- John 7:53-8:11 All 12 verses are [bracketed] and/or noted as 'not being in the best manuscripts.'
Comment: Another untruth! These 12 verses are all in the best ancient versions; which are some 200 years older than codices Sinaiticus and Vaticanus.
- Acts 7:37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.
The Divinity of Jesus Christ
- Acts 8: 37: And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Comment: It is virtually impossible to attribute the omission of this vital statement to anything else than disbelief in the fact that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. The divinity of Jesus is a foundation doctrine of the Christian Church. To attack this doctrine is heresy of the most serious order. Every modern translation that omits this vital fact (that Jesus is the Son of God or brackets this confession), regardless of its other merits, is unworthy of study. It should be set aside by all seekers of Truth.
- 1 Tim.3:16 … God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Comment: Modern translations have here substituted the word God with he: thereby undermining the greatest truth in all the Bible: that the Almighty God actually came down to earth in the person of Jesus Christ.
Yes, Jesus Christ is God in a human body, God incarnate, God manifest in the flesh! This is the foundation truth of the Christian faith that God actually came down to earth in the person of Jesus Christ. But alas! the modern translators have either left the word God out or changed the word to he; all because they did not really believe that Jesus Christ is God manifest in human flesh. Pause dear reader and consider that enormous error. That single mistranslation should be enough to set aside any book posing as the Word of God.
- Romans 14:10: …for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ..
Comment: Here again the disbelief of the modern translators that Christ is the One before whom all the world will stand at the Judgement. They have replaced Christ with God.
- John 9: 35: Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
Comment: Many translations have changed this to read: Dost thou believe in the Son of Man? Once again, this is evidence of doubt that Jesus is the Son of God!
- Acts 16: 31: And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
- Acts 17: 26: And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation..
Comment: Most modern translations have either omitted the word 'blood' or replaced it with the word 'man.' I ask you, how is it possible for any translator to confuse the word blood with man? Any translator who confuses these two words has obviously opted for a corrupt manuscript. He may not have known it, but that act has made his work totally unacceptable to God. In the Good News for Modern Man Bible the word 'blood' is omitted 15 times. (Matthew 27:4, 27:25, 27:25, Acts 5:28, Acts 20:28, Romans 3:25, Romans 5:9, Ephesians 1:7, Ephesians 2:13, Colossians 1:14, Colossians 1:20, Hebrews 10:19, 1 Peter 1:9, Revelation 1:5, Revelation 5:9). Bear in mind that it is the blood of Jesus that makes atonement for our souls. (Leviticus 17:11)
- Acts 20: 25: And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.
- Acts 23: 9: And there arose a great cry: and the scribes that were of the Pharisees' part arose, and strove, saying, We find no evil in this man: but if a spirit or an angel hath spoken to him, let us not fight against God.
- Romans 9: 28: For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.
- Romans 13: 9: For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Comment: Of the four commandments Jesus quoted, one has been left out.
- 1 Cor.7: 39: The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.
Comment: The law of the Almighty has always been under attack, even within the church. This is another example where God's law is ignored.
- 1 Cor.10: 28: But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.
- 1 Cor.11:24: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
Comment: The new covenant Passover (communion) service is one of the most sacred in all the year: where the bread and the wine represent the body and blood of Jesus Christ - Yeshua the Messiah. Pause awhile dear reader and try to consider the danger this omission (take, eat) represents.
Missing Name or Title
Many texts in the modern translations omit the Saviour's name (Jesus) or Christ, which means the Anointed One - the Messiah. Is it important? Very important; because by omitting such information the specific person being referred to and his mission are not identified. Scores of men in the Saviour's day were called Jesus. It was a common name. By omitting the word 'Christ' the one specific Jesus being referred to - the Messiah - is missed. By omitting the word 'Lord' his title is ignored. Here are a few examples of where such specific details are missing:
- Romans 1: 16:For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Comment: The title Christ (the Anointed One, the Messiah) is here missing in most modern translations. The word gospel, as most believers know, means 'good news.' And who can possibly be ashamed of bringing good news to anyone? But being 'ashamed of the gospel of Christ' is quite another matter: millions of Christians are secretly ashamed of the gospel: all the while forgetting that it is the 'gospel of Christ' which is 'the power of God unto salvation.'
- Galatians 4:7: Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
- Galatians 6:15: For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
- Ephesians 3: 9: And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
- Ephesians 3: 14: For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
- 1 Cor.16:22-23 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
- 2 Cor.4:6: For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
- 2 Cor.4:10: Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
- Galatians 3:1: O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
- Colossians 1: 2: To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Colossians 1: 14: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins.
- Hebrews 1: 3: Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.
- Hebrews 7: 21: (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)
- 1 Peter 1: 22: Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently.
Comment: Without the Holy Spirit it is absolutely impossible to purify one's soul or obey the truth with unfeigned love. In the rendering of this verse the modern translators have removed the Master Key to all spiritual achievement - the Holy Spirit.
- 1 Peter 4: 1: Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin.
- 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
- James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Comment: The Greek word for 'faults' is praptomata. The Greek word for 'sins' is hamartias. The word 'sins' in most modern versions is therefore a mistranslation - an error! It supports the dubious practice of sinners confessing sins to a priest; who has absolutely no authority whatsoever to listen to, let alone forgive, another person's sins. It is one thing to confess your 'faults' (praptomata) to someone you've wronged: but quite another to confess your 'sins' (hamartias) to a priest. Faults are vastly different from sins. Impatience, a short temper, a weakness for drink etc. are faults. Whereas the sins these faults may lead to are: violence, revenge, drunkenness. According to Scripture it is blasphemy to attempt to forgive another's sins: as only God (and Jesus is God) can do that. (Mark 2:7) To be sure a victim can forgive a sinner, if forgiveness is requested; but an uninvolved third party has absolutely no right to forgive the sins of another.
- Rev.1: 8: I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
- Rev.1: 9: I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
- Rev.1: 11: Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia…
Comment: Ten words are missing!
- Rev.2: 13: I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is…
- Rev.2:15: So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
- Rev.5:14:And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.
Comment: By leaving out the words 'him that liveth for ever and ever' the text allows the worship of any God.
- Rev.11: 17: Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
- Rev.12: 12: Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath.
- Rev.12: 17: And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
- Rev.14: 5: And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
- Rev.16: 17: And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
- Rev.20: 9: And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
- Rev.21: 24: And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
Comment: By leaving out the words 'of them which are saved' the RSV and many modern translations imply that the saved and unsaved of all nations will enter the New Jerusalem: which, of course, is not the case. Here we have 12 verses from the Book of Revelation that have been corrupted. Let no one foolishly suppose that the following divine warning will not apply to those who countenance these deletions. Revelation 22:18: For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19: And if any man shall TAKE AWAY from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
The following quotation is taken from the Westminster Dictionary of the Bible page 33, article Apocrypha.
" The [Greek word apokrypha means hidden or secret things, used by ecclesiastical writers for: 1) matters secret or mysterious. 2) of unknown origin, forged, spurious. 3) unrecognized, uncanonical.] The name generally given to the following 16 books: 1 and 11 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, the Rest of Esther, The Wisdom of Solomon, Ecclesiasticus, Baruch with The Epistle of Jeremy, The Song of the Three Holy Children, The History of Susanna, Bel and the dragon, The Prayer of Manasses, 1, 11, 111 and 1V Maccabees being omitted."
"Unlike the books of the Old Testament, which are in Hebrew, with some portions in Aramaic, the apocryphal productions are in Greek… The Jewish Church considered them uninspired, and some of their writers disclaim inspiration, (prologue to Ecclesiasticus; 11 Macc.2:23; 15:38). The Apocrypha and Pseudopigrapha were produced between about 250 BC and somewhere in the early Christian centuries. They are not found in the Hebrew canon: they are never quoted by Jesus; and it cannot with certainty be affirmed that the apostles ever directly allude to them…"
"The Church of England in the 6 th of the Thirty-nine Articles published in 1562 calls the apocryphal treatises books which the 'Church doth read for example of life and instruction of manners: but yet doth it not apply them to establish any doctrine.' The Westminster Confession of 1643 declares, as a matter of creed, that 'the books, commonly called Apocrypha, not being of divine inspiration, are no part of the canon of Scripture, and therefore are of no authority in the Church of God, or to be any otherwise approved or made use of than other human writings.'"
"The Council of Trent at its sitting on April 8th, 1546,…pronounced an anathema against anyone who ventured to differ from it in opinion. This has since regulated the belief of the Roman Catholic Church."…
"A controversy on the subject was carried on between the years 1821 and 1826, which resulted in the exclusion of the Apocrypha from all Bibles issued by the British and Foreign Bible Society." (Ref:H3)
We can see from the above that neither the Saviour, the Apostles, the Jewish Nation nor the Protestant Church reckoned that the Apocrypha was inspired. The only major group which currently holds to the Apocrypha is the Roman Church. In view of these facts, Stewarton Bible School's advice is that you look upon the Apocrypha as the writings of uninspired men and certainly of no use whatsoever when deciding doctrine.
NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION (NIV)
This version is gaining in popularity. Strictly speaking it is not a version, but a revision like most of the other modern translations: which can all be traced back to the Revised Version. I, personally, in my ignorance have given away scores of copies of the NIV. May the Almighty pardon me.
As Edward F Hills says in his book The King James Version Defended:
"Modern versions are rich in omissions. Time and again the reader searches in them for a familiar verse only to find that it has been banished to the footnotes. And one of the most familiar of the verses to be so treated is Matthew 6:13, the doxology with which the Lord's Prayer concludes." (Ref: G2)
Try finding these verses in the NIV
- Matthew 17:21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
- Matthew 18:11 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which is lost.
- Matthew 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
- Mark 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
- Mark 11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
- Mark 15:28 And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.
- Luke 17:36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
- Luke 23:17 For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast.
- John 5:4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
- Acts 8: 37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
- Acts 15:34 Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still.
- Acts 24:7 But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great violence took him away out of our hands.
- Acts 28:29 And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.
- Romans 16:24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
Bear in mind that the earliest versions of the Bible (the Peshitta, Italic and Old Latin Vulgate etc.) have all these verses: but the NIV leaves them out! Isn't that a serious string of omissions? Obviously the translators of the NIV are ignoring the command in Deuteronomy 4:2. and the awesome warning in Revelation 22:18-19 For more about this translation see The New International Version.
- Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
- For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
It is vital that you check these verses in the modern version you are using to see if these words, verses or passages are either missing or mistranslated. Once again I invite you to imitate the believers of Berea mentioned in the book of Acts.
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
God knows that after reading this article you can never say 'I didn't know.'
THE NEW KING JAMES VERSION …1984
The title of this version is extremely deceptive and positively dangerous; because the unsuspecting believer will purchase it not knowing that he/she is getting an unholy counterfeit of the real Bible - the King James Version. In his book Final Authority author William P Grady says this concerning the NKJV.
"From 1611 to 1881, God's foot soldiers wielded KJV swords while defending spiritual barley fields against Jesuits armed with Douay-Rheims Versions. Their grip grew tighter from 1881-1974 as one Alexandrian impostor after another was driven from the field. Suddenly, a profit-oriented corporation (the same crown who manufactured the enemies swords) would prevail upon the church to believe that the Holy Spirit had abruptly ordered a weapon change - in the very heat of the battle! Their corrupt rendering of Romans 1:25 says it best. Instead of KJV's changed we read, 'exchanged the truth of God for a lie.' A true believer will never exchange his KJV for a NKJV. The reason for this resistance is the same today as it was in Bible days. With his very life at stake, the grip of the ancient warrior was so intense that warm water was often needed at battle's end to literally pry the weapon from his cramped hands. A person with an ounce of spiritual discernment can see that He who is not the author of confusion would never pick such timing to introduce yet another English revision! The outstanding distinction of a spiritual warrior will always be that, his hand clave unto the sword…
The truth of the matter is that the New King James Version represents Satan's ultimate deception to oppose God's remnant in the closing days of the New Testament age . Having enlisted the lukewarm materialist with his NIV, the devil sets a trap for the diligent soul winner with the NKJV. Although his worldly counterparts embraced the oldest is best theory of manuscript evidences, the true Bible believer refused to abandon the Majority Text, retaining the Divine commendation of, 'thou has kept my word.' Thus we find Satan attempting to wean him away from his Authorized Version with the deceitful half-step of a generic look-alike, TRANSLATED FROM THE TRUSTWORTHY TEXTUS RECEPTUS! …
Conservative estimates of the total translation changes in the NKJV are generally put at over 100,000! This is an average of 82 changes for each of the 1219 pages in the NKJV…Along this line of abuse, the most shocking revelation about the 'New' King James Version is that it is literally laced with 'old' readings from the Revised Standard and New American Standard Versions. This revival of Alexandrian readings is one of the best-kept secrets of the decade. Whenever there is a marked departure from the text of the KJV, the alternative reading is frequently taken from either the RSV, NASV, or oftentimes, both. For instance, in the first chapter of John's Gospel, there are 51 verses. Of this total, 45 (or 88%) have been altered by the NKJV. Among this number, 34 (75%) exhibit a distinct RSV or NASV reading while 6 show a partial reading. Only 5 (15%) appear unique to the NKJV." (Ref:E2)
No doubt very soon another counterfeit Bible will make its appearance. Perhaps it will be called the New Authorized Version. All I can say to the Christian world is - BEWARE!
Comparisons with the KJV
In his book God Wrote Only One Bible Jasper Ray compares some 162 verses in 46 different Bible translations with the KJV which is based on Textus Receptus, the text used by the early churches and Protestant Reformers. His findings make the purchase of his book an absolute must. Very briefly here are a few of his findings:
- Luther's New Testament (1522).… ……..……0
- King James Version (1611).………. .…………0
- Revised Version (1881-5)…………….……. 135
- American Standard Version (1901)…..……..135
- Good News Bible (1976)…..…………..….144
- New American Standard Version (1971)..…..147
- Revised Standard Version (1952)……………158
- New International Version (1978)..…………160
Notice how each new translation contains more errors than the one that went before. Are you, dear reader, willing to recognize such error; and how Satan is gradually weakening the very foundation of Christian doctrine - the Holy Bible? Bear in mind that every verse, every word, every jot and tittle of Scripture is eternal: it will outlast the present universe!
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
How presumptuous, then, for puny man to attempt to delete, amend and corrupt the sacred Scriptures. I tremble to think of the fate of those who are responsible. Believe it or not, when I learned these facts I was stunned, flabbergasted and ashamed all at the same time. To think that I had been taken in so easily - for so long! But once I saw the light I determined that if God would allow me to live after my heart attack and triple bypass operation - I would tell the world! The Internet is allowing me to do so. I pray that in the course of time millions will find out what I have learned these past months. You too may have a part in exposing the corruption in the modern translations of the Bible. The question is: Do you have the humility and the courage to face up to these facts? Have you the spiritual eyes to see that the real Bible for the English-speaking world is still the King James Version?
Now that you know these facts, and you ought to examine this issue till you are fully convinced in your own mind, several unavoidable questions will present themselves.
- Question One: In future which Bible should I study?
- Question Two: What shall I do with all the modern translations of the Bible I currently possess?
- Question Three: I am a preacher, what about quoting from modern translations of the Bible?
- Question Four: I am a writer, what should I do with the literature I have already produced and in which I have quoted from modern translations of the Bible?
- Question Five: What about my Christian friends who do not agree with me on this Versions issue?
Answer: In my opinion you should revert to the real Word of God, the King James Bible; simply because all modern translations of the Bible are infected with error and therefore unholy. Their underlying text is dangerously corrupt and many of their leading translators were/are unbelievers! By continuing to study their unholy output you will be aligning yourself with them: siding with the unbelieving Egyptian scribes who produced their erroneous manuscripts and also with the unbelieving translators who later built on their errors.
Answer: You have two options. a) Throw them all away. b) Or keep them just for reference in case you need to prove your stand for the King James Bible. This is the option I have settled for. I have in my possession a CD with some 50 Bibles on it: one of which is the King James Bible. I have kept this CD.
Answer: In the past I have quoted extensively from modern translations. You only have to read SBS articles written before March 1997 to realize this. But I will never again quote from a modern translation; simply because it would give the impression that I considered it to be the Word of God, which it isn't! I repeat: modern translations of the Bible are not the Word of God! They are unholy counterfeits!
Answer: This was the foremost question I had to answer for myself. I had two options. a) Throw away all SBS publications printed before March 1997 and reprint the lot. b) Or exhaust SBS stocks and correct all future reprints; making sure meanwhile that I offered a full explanation to my readers of my change of course. I settled for this option. Indeed, this article is part of that explanation.
Answer: In spiritual matters, no mortal can open the eyes of another. My advice is, tell your Christian friends what you now know about this Version issue and, after praying for them, leave it at that. You would be guilty before God if you kept quiet. Your responsibility is to tell your Christian friends. What they do with the information is up to them.
These are vital questions all informed believers have to answer for themselves. We cannot ignore them. Should we continue to daily study corrupt "Bibles" and risk the wrath of the Almighty God? Eating infected meat, by comparison, is of minor importance when we consider the awesome spiritual issue before us. Would you knowingly eat infected or unclean meat once it has been brought to your notice? Surely no one would knowingly eat polluted food, however attractive, appetizing or nourishing it may otherwise be. The recent CJD or E-Coli outbreaks in Britain caused by eating infected meat are simply low-level illustrations of how easily infection can spread and cause death. How much more serious do you suppose is this matter of eating unholy spiritual meat!
The Bible tells us that God overlooks people's ignorance; but once they know the truth, they are held accountable.
…the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: (Acts 17:30)
Yes, as far as this Bible Version issue is concerned, you now know the truth. You are no longer ignorant of it. What then are you going to do about it? For my part I will no longer study any "Bible" based on corrupt manuscripts and translated by unbelievers. Moreover, ALL future Bible quotations at the SBS Internet site will only be from the Authorized King James Bible. SBS articles placed on the Internet before March 1997 will, in the course of time, be purged of quotations taken from modern Bible translations: simply because readers may think that I accept those translations as the inspired Word of God - which I no longer do. Present hard copy stocks of SBS Booklets, Sermon Notes and Lessons held in Stewarton will be used up: and future reprinted Bible quotations will only be from the King James Version. Yahweh willing - this will be done.
A final comment by Rev. Gipp:
"All the translations before and after 1881 which were going to replace the Authorized Version lie silently in the 'grave' right now. Those which do not, shall soon join their ranks in the halls of the 'improved,' 'thoroughly reliable,' 'truly accurate,' and 'starters of a new tradition,' dead. They have failed to start one revival. They have failed to induce Christians back to reading their Bibles, and have only succeeded in casting doubt on the true word of God. The question is, can we repair the damage already done and proceed from here? The answer is YES!" (Ref: B8)
My sincere prayer is: That you will be amongst those who help repair the enormous damage already done.
A) .. STORY OF OUR ENGLISH BIBLE by W Scott
- A1 … page 17
- A2 … page 39
- A3 … page 141
- A4 … page 153
- A5 … page 153
- A6 … page 31
- A7 … page 128
- A8 … page 160-161
- A9 … page 165-166
B) .. AN UNDERSTANDABLE HISTORY OF THE BIBLE by Rev. Samuel C Gipp. Bible believers Baptist Bookstore: 1252 East Aurora Road, Macedonia, Ohio 44056 USA
- B1 … page 63
- B2 … page 67-68
- B3 … page 65-66
- B4 … page 66
- B5 … page 70
- B6 … page 72-73
- B7 … page 78
- B8 … page 115
- B9 … page 154
- B10 .. page 196
- B11 .. page 197
C) .. LET'S WEIGH THE EVIDENCE by Barry Burton. Chick Publications: PO Box 662, Chino, CA 91708-0662 USA
- C1 … page 61
- C2 … page 60
D) .. GOD WROTE ONLY ONE BIBLE by Jasper J Ray, Eye Opener Publications: PO Box 7944, Eugene, Oregon, 974 01 USA
- D1 … page 94
- D2 ... page 98
- D3 … page 104
- D4 … page 74
E) .. FINAL AUTHORITY by William P Grady. Grady Publications: PO Box 506, Schererville, Indiana 46375. USA
- E1 ... pages 26-27
- E2 ... pages 303 and 305
- E3 ... page 129
- E4 ... page 133
- E5 … pages 161-162
- E6 … pages 139-140
- E7 … page 156
F) .. WHICH BIBLE by David Otis Fuller, D.D. published by The Institute for Biblical Textual Studies. Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503. USA
- F1 … pages 196-197
- F2 . .. page 157
- F3 … page 3
- F4 … pages 298-300
- F5 … page 308
- F6 … page 210
- F7 … page 215
- F8 … pages 197-198
- F9 … page 201
- F10 .. page 196
- F11 .. Extracts from pages 86 - 103
G) .. THE KING JAMES VERSION DEFENDED by Edward F Hills. Christian Research Press PO Box 13023, Des Moines, Iowa 50310-0023 USA
- G1 … page 213
- G2 … page 146
- G3 … pages 218-219
- G4 … pages 242-243
H) .. WESTMINSTER DICTIONARY OF THE BIBLE
- H1 … page 624 article 'Versions.'
- H2 … page 624 article 'Versions.'
- H3 … page 33 article 'Apocrypha'
J)..TRUTH TRIUMPHANT published by Teach Services, Route 1 Box 182, Brushton, USA
- J1 … pages 47-48
- J2 … page 50
- J3 … pages 83-84
- J4 … page 100
- J5 … page 108
K) .. FOX'S BOOK OF MARTYRS published by Zondervan Publishing House, Grand rapids, Michigan USA
L) .. TRINITARIAN BIBLE SOCIETY:
Tyndale House , Dorset Road, London SW19 3NN
- L1 … From a tract entitled: What Today's Christian Needs to Know About The Greek New Testament
- L2 … From page 7 of a tract entitled: The English Bible, its Origin, Preservation and Blessing.
M) .. Answers to Tough Questions by Josh McDowell and Don Stuart. Scripture Press, Amersham-on-the-Hill, Bucks HP6 6JQ, England. (ISBN 0-946515-51-4)
- M1 … Pages 16-17
N) .. CREATION SCIENCE MOVEMENT
- N1 … From the Creation Journal Vol.9 No.10 January 1997. For more details write to: 50 Brecon Avenue, Portsmouth, UK PO6 2AW or to P.O. Box 2667, El Cajon, CA 92021, USA.
P) .. REVISION REVISED by Dean Burgon. Published by the Dean Burgon Society, Box 354, Collingswood, New Jersey 08108, USA Tel:609-854-4452
- P1 … page 319
- P2 … page 350
- P3 … page 365
Q)… DEFENDING THE KING JAMES BIBLE by Rev. D.A. Waite Th.D, Ph.D, 900 Park Avenue, Collingswood, New Jersey 08108 USA
- Q1 … page 41
Send to the following addresses for lists of books dealing with this Bible Version issue and study the matter further. You owe it to yourself and your family.
- A.V. Publications Corp: P.O. Box 280, Ararat, VA 24053 USA
- Dean Burgon Society: Box 354, Collingswood, New Jersey 08108, USA Tel:609-854-4452
- The Bible for Today: 900 Park Avenue, Collingswood, New Jersey 08108 USA Tel: 609-854-4452
- Which Bible? Society, Inc: 1540 Plymouth, S.E., Apt. 8, PO Box 7096, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49510. Write for information.
- Eye Opener Publications: PO Box 7944, Eugene, Oregon, 974 01 USA
- Bible Baptist Bookstore: PO Box 7135, Pensacola, Florida 32534, USA (Tel:904) 477-8812, FAX (904) 4777-3795
- Chick Publications: PO Box 662, Chino, CA 91708-0662 USA
- Penfold Book & Bible House: PO Box 26, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX6 8PB, England.
- Trinitarian Bible Society: Tyndale House, Dorset Rd, London, England. SW19 3NN
- Thy Word is Truth: Harvester House, 96 Plaistow Lane, Bromley Kent, England BR1 3AS
This article is just an introduction to the vital subject of Bible Versions. Leading believers of whatever church: bishops, priests, ministers, pastors, theological students, elders, deacons, Bible instructors etc. all have a grave responsibility to make sure that they do not sideline this issue as unimportant: because it is critical! Once again I urge all Christian leaders to write to one or more of the addresses above for lists of books dealing with this matter of Bible Versions: for great will be the wrath of Almighty God on those who knowingly and wilfully remain in darkness or keep their flocks in blissful ignorance.
In the Saviour's Name
To request a free copy of the printed booklet.
e-mail: email@example.com giving your full mailing address - including the country!
Author: Elder: David B. Loughran - Stewarton Bible School - Stewarton Scotland
Permission to use granted by author